Many beginning teachers fret about the potentially demanding workload they’ll face once they join the profession. Teachers within the first five years of their careers are notoriously susceptible to burnout if they don’t organise their work/life balance.
In this episode, PRAC-E has an honest conversation with a serving HOD about the current demands of teachers in the workplace. He shares his advice for beginning teachers, as well as some valuable ‘teacher hacks’ about how you can effectively manage your time.
Watch the video or follow the PRAC-E Podcast below!
- Hang in there, because it gets easier!
- As you stay in the system, you will eventually be repeating units and will be able to create a bank of resources.
- Learn time management. Often beginning teachers create enough resources for 4-5 lessons for just one!
- Teachers can always be working on their craft. Make sure you impose ‘office hours’, and have a healthy work/life balance.
- Have a hobby and make sure you get away from the profession.