Beginning teachers are always told to ensure they find the right school culture for them. What does this actually mean? For a beginning teacher, you may not know what school culture actually suits you?
On this #ASKPRACEANYTHING snapshot, a serving HOD shares his advice about finding a school with the right culture for you!
- In many ways, you have to jump into the frying pan to see if a school culture is right for you or not.
- As you get more experienced, you will begin to know your own pedagogical philosophy more and what type of school fits you.
- Do not judge yourself off of one school’s opinion. A disconnect may not reflect on you. Another school may connect with you more.
- Experiment with different school contexts and let the profession allow you to travel.
- Do thorough research before applying for a school.