If you’re anything like me, you’re probably incredibly confused about the Teacher Performance Assessment. Thankfully, the QCT have created this easy to digest video, laying out what you need to do and when.
The Teaching Performance Assessments (TPA) are being implemented in Queensland initial teacher education courses to assure classroom ready teachers in all Queensland schools and build high standards for the future of the profession and quality student outcomes.
The TPA is:
- completed using student data and evidence of classroom practice collected during the final year professional experience
- has a sustained focus on the teaching and learning cycle - plan, teach, assess, reflect
- uses data and evidence to show impact and differentiation of teaching for three focus students
- a valid assessment of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST) at the graduate level
- a reliable assessment using moderation processes to ensure consistent scoring by assessors.