Standard 7.2 in the APST is a confusing one for a few teachers, possibly the most dry of all the descriptors:
Comply with legislative, administrative and organisational requirements
Understand the implications of and comply with relevant legislative, administrative, organisational and professional requirements, policies and processes.
Examples of things that you can use as evidence are:
• Meeting records, emails and other communications which show an understanding of mandatory reporting requirements
• Teaching and learning programs and/or lesson plans which show evidence of implementation of mandatory policy documents
• Classroom behavior policy which shows the implementation of school and system policies and procedures
• Professional leaning undertaken regarding relevant legislative, administration, organizational and professional requirements and teacher accountability
• De-identified communication demonstrating compliance with relevant legislative, administrative, organisational and professional requirements
• Reference or endorsement from principal/employer
You can also use your constructive discussion of these themes in TeachConnect as evidence for this descriptor by exporting a thread with your discussion of these themes of legislation, professional requirements, etc.
For example, a teacher named Jane asks a tricky question about a real situation to do with professional boundaries (say “how do I maintain professional boundaries while running my classes online during COVID-19?”)
Then a group of people respond, perhaps there’s a QCAA response, two teachers give their advice, some academic chimes in, a principal too. Then Jane replies to say what she did about the situation. She could export this thread and then annotate it (reflecting on it) as great evidence of her engagement with this descriptor.